Our Climate Sponsors
- BC HYDRO
Save Money & Energy on your farm with BC Hydro Power Smart Incentives
Farmers looking to replace inefficient technologies with a variety of energy-saving products are invited to apply for the BC Hydro Power Smart Product Incentive Program. The program provides financial rebates on a wide range of energy efficient products. By installing energy-efficient technologies, your farm will benefit from lower maintenance costs, improved comfort for the animals as well as savings on your energy bill.
BC Hydro farm customers can apply for any eligible products in the program. Some product replacements for farms include:
- Incandescents with (dimmable) Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFLs) – CFLs use 75% less energy and last up to ten times longer!
- Energy Free Livestock Waterers – these can save up to 100% in electrical energy.
Start saving energy today and keep your chickens and cows happy!
For more details on eligible products and incentives for your farm, visit: bchydro.com/incentives or call us at 1-866-522-4713. Farms are also eligible for incentives and offers from the small industrial Power Smart programs.
*Note: please be aware of stray voltage issues, check with BC Hydro Power Smart before starting any upgrades.
- BC Ministry of Agriculture & Lands
- Environment Canada
- Irrigation Industry Association of BC
- Metro Vancouver
- Pacific Field Corn Association
- Western Canadian Turfgrass Association