Field Trial Reports
- Forage Demonstration 2006 - 2009 Final Report
- 2008 Grain Trial Report
- 2007 Barley Wheat Trials Victoria
- 2007 Forage Trial Comox
- February 2011
- Bigleaf Maple Syrup Festival - Saturday, February 5th, 2011 - 10:00 am - 4:30 pm. Celebrate local maple syrup and discover how to tap your own trees! BC Forestry Discovery Centre, 2892 Drinkwater Road, Duncan (250) 715-1113
- Scaling Up Island Meat Production to Meet Local Demand - A one Day Workshop for Island Livestock Producers - February 10, 2011 - 9:30 AM -4:00 PM. CEDAR United Church (where Cedar FI meets) 1644 Cedar Road
- BC Ministry of Agriculture offers Provincial Agriculture Wildlife Program “Wildlife Damage to Standing Forage” - The Agriculture Wildlife Program (AWP) will compensate qualifying forage producers whose unharvested forage crop intended for livestock feed has been damaged by wildlife.
- January 2011
- Vancouver Island Goat Association - Notice of AGM
January 16th, 2011 (Sunday) AT 11:00 A.M.
- WIGA 2011 Wine Islands Growers Association
Wednesday Evening, January 19, 2011
- Specialized Farm and Ranch Business Planning and Analysis
An introduction to the Growing Forward Farm Business Advisory Services (FBAS) Program " JANUARY 22, 2011 - 11:30 - 4:00 , VICTORIA
- Canadian Young Farmers’ Forum - Best Management Practice Workshop
This is an unique opportunity for BC’s young farmers aged 19 to 40.
The ten-best management practices (BMP) of leading farmers have been identified. The CYFF workshop series will present these BMP concepts in an open discussion forum, allowing participants to share their own experiences in the farm management.
Dates: January 17 and 18, 2011
- “Invasion of the Aliens!”
Hosted by the Invasive Plant Council of British Columbia
Invasive species impacts on BC resources and Canada’s response to invasive species January 18-19, 2011, Richmond, BC.
- Safe Winemaking: Ensuring Product Safety in Modern Winemaking Practices
Sponsored By: Canadian Vintner’s Association
January 25, 2011 Summerland BC
- PACIFIC AGRICULTURE SHOW
Tradex Exhibition Centre (Abbotsford Airport), Abbotsford, BC New Dates January 27 - 29, 2011 Thursday - Saturday 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Horticultural Growers Short Course
- BC Dairy Expo and Tour http://www.agricultureshow.net/pdf/2011BCDairyEXPOSeminar.pdf http://www.agricultureshow.net/pdf/2011BCDairyEXPOFarmTours.pdf
- Mixing it up in the Urban Garden
To be held Saturday January 29th, 2011 in Victoria
- Raising Chickens in the Urban Garden – Marilyn Soames, Saanich Fair Poultry Group
- Latest Buzz about Bees- Brenda Jager, BC Bee Breeders Association
- Veggies for Ever and Ever – Carol Miles, Associate professor Vegetable Horticulture Washington State U
- The Garden Eatin’ – Don Genova, Food Writer & Broadcaster
- What’s New with Berries and Fruits? Tom Baumann, Agriculture Professor, University of the Fraser Valley
- BC Ministry of Agriculture offers Provincial Agriculture Wildlife Program “Wildlife Damage to Standing Forage”
Program Details - The Agriculture Wildlife Program (AWP) will compensate qualifying forage producers whose unharvested forage crop intended for livestock feed has been damaged by wildlife. Wildlife Definition - The AWP will include compensation for wildlife damage caused by bison, deer, elk, moose, mountain sheep, bear, and waterfowl (swans, geese, ducks and including cranes) that have not been held in captivity. .
- organic seed production
- Sheep Field Day - Saturna
- Viticulture conference
- Summer 2009
- Anaerobic digestion
- Irrigation scheduling calculator
- Enterprise budgets - Planning for profit
- Salt Spring Island Poultry club
- Island Farmers Markets
- Farmland Access Agreements